DAVENPORT- After the wettest winter ever recorded there's been flooding up and down the Mississippi River.
The Davenport Public Works released a flood update for March 18 to explain how the city is impacted by the rising water levels and how they're reacting.
- River Drive is closed between Division and East 3rd Street. Some riverfront locations are accessible via Western
- South Concord between Utah and River Drive is closed
- Beiderbecke Drive is closed
- Credit Island is closed
- The Riverfront Recreational Trail between Credit Island and LeClair Park is closed
- The boat dock at Marquette Landing has been removed
- The Compost Facility on 2707 Railroad Avenue is only accessible via Rockingham Road or Highway 22 to Wapello to Railroad Avenue
- The flood walls at Modern Woodmen Park have been installed
- The River's Edge, Freight House and Farmer's Market, and Union Station are open for business
- Pumps have been set and appropriate gates were closed in various low-lying areas of the city.
- Make a request by phone (563.326.7923) or on-line before you come. Sandbags can be picked up at 232 S Marquette from the rear entrance. The entrance is accessible from E or W River Dr. Find the entrance west of Division and east of Credit Island on the river side next to the red City of Davenport sign.
For continued coverage of the floods and other weather reports check out Channel 8 New's weather page.