Burlington apartment catches fire

BURLINGTON, Iowa — An apartment building sustained extensive damage after catching on fire.

Firefighters were called to the 1200 block of Koestner Street where heavy smoke and flames were coming from a chimney enclosure and the attic.  The four-unit building sustained extensive smoke, fire and water damage, according to a statement from Fire Marshal Mark Crooks.

Crews stayed on scene for about four hours, from 5:45 p.m. until 9:45 p.m. on Sunday, November 25.

Five people live at the apartment in three rented units.  Two people were there at the time of the fire, Crooks said.  There were no injuries.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.