2 burned after religious ceremony in Bettendorf

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

BETTENDORF, Iowa- Two people were rushed to the hospital after being badly burned during a religious ceremony on November 7, 2018.

The Bettendorf Fire Department says the clothes of one burn victim caught on fire during the ceremony when they came too close to a lit candle.  The other person in the room during the ceremony tried to put out the fire and was also burned as a result.

One of the burn victims was transported by ambulance to a local hospital, the other was transported by helicopter.

Both went to a burn treatment center.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.