Its Football friday, see live scores here!

Dog receiving oxygen after house fire in Bettendorf

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

BETTENDORF, Iowa — After a house caught fire, emergency crews administered oxygen to a dog that was rescued from the inside.

The fire was reported shortly before 1 p.m. Friday, November 2 in the 24000 block of Valley Drive in Bettendorf.  Firefighters managed to save the family dog and administer oxygen to help it breathe.

“Bettendorf firefighters treated one dog using a pet rescue device at the scene with the assistance of Medic EMS,” read a statement from the City of Bettendorf.

The homeowners were not home at the time of the fire. The family’s two dogs and two cats were confirmed as rescued. All four pets were taken to a local vet and all are healthy.

Fire Chief Steven Knorrek said the fire started in the northwest corner of the house, but it wasn’t yet clear how the fire started.

The Red Cross will be assisting the family.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.