DAVENPORT, IA, - Davenport Public Works has released the closures and changes resulting from high river levels.
- S Concord between Utah and River Drive, and Wapello and Miller between Railroad Ave and S Concord are closed.
- Gaines St south of River Drive is closed.
- Portions of Beiderbecke will be closed as the river rises and water goes over the road this week. Expect the entire stretch to be closed by Friday.
- River Drive is closed between Brady and Iowa for flood barrier installation. A signed detour has been placed.
- Spotty lane reductions will be placed in low areas along River Drive between Brady and Division Streets as the river rises and water encroaches on the roadway. Additional closures are expected later this week.
- Credit Island is closed.
- The majority of the Riverfront Recreational Trail between Credit Island and Bettendorf City limits is or will be closed due to water over the trail.
- LeClaire Park is impacted.
- The boat dock at Marquette Landing is not accessible due to river level.
- Access to the Compost Facility, 2707 Railroad Ave, is available via Rockingham Rd/Hwy 22 to Wapello to Railroad Ave.
- The floodwalls at Modern Woodmen Park are being installed today. The park remains open for business.
- The River’s Edge, the Freight House and Freight House Farmer’s Market, and Union Station will remain open for business.
- Sandbags are available for pickup by individuals impacted at these river levels at the Public Works Marquette Facility, 232 S Marquette St.
- All of the following events will be impacted at projected river levels. More details will be released reference alternate plans as they become available: The LULAC 2018 Military Salute, Run with the Bull 5K, and the Decker Dash 5K.
- Pumps have been, or will be set, and appropriate gates closed in various low-lying areas of the city.
DAVENPORT, Iowa -- River Drive between 3rd Street and Brady Street has been closed for flood protection.
The City of Davenport said a closure would be in place by 8 a.m. Tuesday, October 9.
Eastbound traffic was detoured up Brady Street to 3rd Street and to River Drive.
Westbound traffic was detoured at 4th Street to Harrison Street and to River Drive.