Fire breaks out at barn behind Wapsi Willy’s in Long Grove

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

LONG GROVE, Iowa -- A fire broke out at a barn near Wapsi Willy's restaurant in Long Grove around midday on Wednesday, April 25th.

Fire crews from Dewitt, McCausland, and Long Grove were still battling heavy smoke around 11 a.m.

No one was inside the barn at the time, but injuries cannot be confirmed at this time.

A woman passerby told WQAD that she knows the owners of the barn, who live next door. She said that they had to build a new home after their previous one flooded a few years ago.

This is a developing story. More information will be added as it becomes available.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.