Fire breaks out at Bettendorf home

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

BETTENDORF, Iowa -- A fire reportedly broke out at a house in a southwest Bettendorf neighborhood.

The fire was reported in the 1500 block of Lincoln Road around 7:45 a.m., Wednesday, January 17th.

Multiple fire crews worked together to put out the flames, focusing on the garage, where the fire is believed to have started.

Bettendorf fire crews confirm Max Willson was the only person inside the home at the time. Willson, a veteran lives in the house by himself.

"I saw the flames and didn't realize it was Max's house until I went down there," said a neighbor. "I was just happy that he's okay. I can't wait to just see him, you know?"

The Red Cross is assisting the man who lives in that home.

Can't see the video? Tap here. 

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.