Residents evacuated after early morning fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

EAST MOLINE- Fire crews responded to a house fire early Tuesday morning, October 3.

It happened around 2:15 a.m. in the 17000 block of 4th Avenue, just west of John Deere Road and near the FedEx Freight facility. Officials say all the residents had to be evacuated. They say the fire started in the kitchen, after the oven caught a cooking board on fire.

Officials say the fire was mainly contained to the kitchen, and they say it did sustain some damage.