WQAD News 8, Scott Community College, and Mazola corn oil have teamed up to give you some great recipe ideas that help keep your heart healthy!
BETTENDORF, Iowa – You can become healthier by just replacing the ground beef.
"I'm going to show you today how to make a great Turkey burger with a flair," says Chef Brad Scott, head of Scott Community College's Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management Center at Scott Community College.
"Let's get started."
1. Start with a pound of ground turkey (about 4 ounces per person)
2. Add 1 cup well drained pineapple
3. Add 4 Tbsp oatmeal
4. Mix well before adding 1 tsp of Italian seasoning
5. Add 1 Tbsp of orange marmalade
6. Add 1/2 tsp of barbecue sauce
7. Mix ingredients together
8. Store in a refrigerator for 20-minutes
9. Prepare onions with 2 Tbsp Mazola cooking oil into a mixing bowl
10. Blend in 1 tsp of orange marmalade
11. Use a brush to coat both sides of the sliced onions
12. Make burger patties from the ground turkey mixture
13. Place on a grill (about 7 minutes per side)
14. Add onions to the grill
15. Take burgers off the grill
16. Add barbecue sauce and caramelized onions
"And it's heart healthy. Enjoy!"