Reported anhydrous leak is no longer a danger in Tipton

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

UPDATE: Authorities have told KCRG that the leak was not caused by a training exercise but was a valve malfunction.

The fire chief in Tipton told KCRG that the anhydrous is no longer a danger to the area.

TIPTON, Iowa — An anhydrous leak has been reported in the Tipton area.

KCRG reported that the leak happened during a training exercise at the Cedar County Co-Op at 906 East 7th Street.

Residents within a mile radius were told to take shelter, shut windows, and turn off air conditioning units.

An alert posted to the Cedar County Public Health Department’s Facebook page says that it is advising residents to take these precautions until noon.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.