St. Patrick’s Day festivities: CASI race and parade route
St. Patrick’s Day festivities will be in full swing this weekend, potentially causing a headache for unsuspecting drivers downtown Davenport and Rock Island.
Some parking restrictions and road closures begin as early as 5 a.m. Saturday. Here are the areas you’ll need to avoid:
CASI’s 35th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Race starts/finishes at Main and 2nd Streets. The 1/4 Mile Tot Trot starts at 9 a.m.; the 1 Mile Family Run/Walk starts at 9:30 a.m.; the 5k starts at 10 a.m.; awards and the post race party start at 11 a.m.
Packet pickup goes from noon until 6:30 p.m. Friday, March 17, 2017 and resumes again Saturday from 7 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
The parade starts at 11:30 a.m. Saturday, March 18, 2017 in Rock Island at 4th Avenue and 23rd Street, travels over the Centennial Bridge and finishes in Davenport on 3rd Street at the RiverCenter.
Downtown Rock Island:
The parade begins in Rock Island at 23rd Street and 4th Avenue. The route is as follows:
- West on 4th Avenue from 23rd Street to 20th Street
- North on 20th Street from 4th Avenue to 3rd Avenue
- West on 3rd Avenue from 20th Street to 17th Street
- North on 17th Street from 3rd Avenue to 2nd Avenue
- West on 2nd Avenue from 17th Street to 15th Street and across the Centennial Bridge into Davenport