DONATE NOW: Click here to see information about the First Day Project

Exhaust fan short causes Bellevue house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

BELLEVUE, Iowa — A short in a bathroom exhaust fan caused a home fire Sunday morning, Feb. 26 in Bellevue, Iowa. Crews were called the home just before 11 a.m. at 901 Stone Street.

The fire was quickly extinguished, but it caused about $50,000 in damages, reports the Bellevue Fire Department. Everyone was able to safely get out of the home.

19 firefighters responded and remained on scene for about an hour and a half. No injuries were reported.