Dehumidifier catches fire in basement of Geneseo home

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

GENESEO, Illinois -- Firefighters responded to a reported fire at a home northwest of Geneseo.

A firefighter on scene said a dehumidifier caught fire in the basement of a home on Hart Drive.  Emergency responders were called to the scene, located near Wolf Road Mini Storage, shortly after 8 a.m. Monday, February 20, 2017.

An ambulance had been on scene, but did not appear to be transporting anyone as it left. Two fire trucks were also spotted on scene. There was no word of any reported injuries.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.