How you can help Dress for Success Quad Cities – right here!

Electric blanket blamed as cause of Burlington home fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

BURLINGTON, Iowa — An electric blanket is blamed for starting a home fire in Burlington.

Fire crews responded to a basement fire  in the 2000 block of Dill Street around 10 a.m Saturday, Feb. 11. Dark smoke could be seen coming from the home’s garage and basement area. The Burlington Fire Department says an operating electric blanket on a bed in the basement has been deemed the cause of the fire.

No injuries were reported, the fire caused more than $30,000 in damages. Firefighters left the scene around 1 p.m. Saturday.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.