Davenport house fire started in dryer, leaves smoke damage in basement

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

DAVENPORT — A house northwest of the East Village reportedly caught fire Wednesday morning, December 28, 2016.

The fire, at a house in the 1500 block of Esplanade Avenue, started in the dryer located in the basement.  The fire was reported around 7:30 a.m.

The basement was partially damaged by smoke, but there were no injuries.

Ambulances had previously been blocking Esplanade Ave. at 5th Street.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.