Pug saves family from potential fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MERIDIAN, Idaho -- A pug that saved his family from what could have turned into a devastating fire is being hailed a hero by his community.

Jaxson alerted his family to an electrical outlet that had sparks flying from it.  Firefighters say that an electrical fire could have easily burned down his family's home, but the 11-year-old pug noticed just in time.

"I kinda listened and I noticed sparks coming from the outlet, and Jaxson was literally barking at the outlet, notifying me something was wrong," said his owner Todd Lavoie.

A fire extinguisher was used to knock out the fire.

Meridian firefighters say Jaxson definitely saved the house and his family.

Report by CNN

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.