BETTENDORF, Iowa – Here's another restaurant favorite that you can make at home with a twist.
"We love our Pork Tenderloin sandwiches and today we're going to do a hand cut, hand-pounded tenderloin sandwich with a little surprise on the side", says the head of Scott Community College's Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management Center at the Bettendorf campus.
1. Cut one avocado lengthwise, twist, and remove the seed
2. Score it and add to a pan
3. Add one egg
4. Add 3 tbsp heavy cream
5. Add 1 tbsp pimentos
6. Add 1 tsp Dijon mustard
7. Add 1 tbsp diced mushrooms
8. Add 1 tbsp shredded American cheese
9. Add 2 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
10. Whip into a creamy quiche
11. Fill into the cavity of the avocado
12. Top with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese
13. Place in a 350 degree oven for 20-minutes
While that cooks, it's time to make the tenderloin.
1. Trim the fat from an 8 ounce pork chop, butterfly the cut
2. Pound thin
3. Season with salt and pepper
4. Season with garlic
5. Season with onion powder
6. Season with Cayenne pepper
7. Dredge in flour
8. Place in a buttermilk bath
9. Dredge again in flour
10. Place in a frier with fresh grease at 376 degrees
12. Drain onto paper
Place on a bun with the avocado quiche as a side along with garnishes.
"A meal you've ordered so many times in restaurants, you've just made in your home," says Chef Scott.
"A breaded tenderloin with cheesy avocado quiche, there's your surprise."