Moline, ILLINOIS - Fareway Food Stores is helping you make Hawaiian Burgers as a healthy alternative to your average cheeseburger. See the ingredients and the recipe for it below!
1 pound ground beef
o 1 cup zucchini, shredded
o 2 Tbsp teriyaki sauce
o 1 pinch salt
o 1 pinch black pepper
o 6 pineapple, rings
o 1 red onion, sliced
o 6 slices provolone cheese
o 6 lettuce leaves
o 6 hamburger or bakery buns
1. SQUEEZE out excess water from zucchini between two paper towels.
2. COMBINE ground beef, zucchini, teriyaki sauce, salt and pepper and FORM into six patties.
3. GRILL burgers over medium heat for approximately 5 minutes per side, or until internal temperature reaches 165 F, turning once.
4. GRILL pineapple and pepper rings over medium heat until grill marks appear, about 3 minutes.
5. TOP buns with burger, cheese, pineapple, pepper, onion and lettuce.
Nutrition information per serving: 329 calories; 15 g fat; 7 g saturated fat; 62 mg cholesterol; 24 g carbohydrate; 2 g fiber; 24 g protein.