- 1 large cucumber peeled, seeded and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 large, ripe avocado, peeled
- 2 scallions (green and white parts included) chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, or to taste
- Garnish: Dollop of sour cream, chopped chives or scallions
- In a food processor or blender combine the cucumber, avocado and scallions. Pulse until the mixture is thoroughly chopped.
- Add broth, yogurt and lemon juice and continue to process until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and chill for 4 to 6 hours.
- Taste for seasoning and serve in chilled bowls with garnish.