BETTENDORF, Iowa – It's time to find new ways to have breakfast all day long.
"Don't ever throw your waffle iron away or sell it in a yard sale," warns Chef Brad Scott, director of Scott Community College's Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management Center in Bettendorf.
"We're going to use it today to make Mac and Cheese Waffles with a little bacon, a little ham, and a little more cheese."
1. Start by following directions on a Macaroni and Cheese mix
2. Add 5 Tbsp pre-cooked bacon
3. Add 3 Tbsp of milk
4. Add 1 tsp of garlic
5. Add a touch of minced onion
6. Mix together with 2 Tbsp flour
7. Set waffle iron to "medium" setting
8. Spray both sides with vegetable spray
9. Put Mac and Cheese mix in the center of the waffle iron and work your way out
10. Add 3 slices of Provolone cheese
11. Add 4 pieces of pre-sliced ham
12. Close waffle iron lid and turn it
13. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes
14. Use a knife to cut around it and a spatula to remove it
"I like to serve some bread sticks with it," says Chef Scott.
"And another thing, this is such a great meal to make with your kids. Enjoy!"