Chef Brad Scott loves to grill out.
And the head of Scott Community College's Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management program has a couple different tastes he's ready to roll out at his next barbeque.
"We're going to do kind of a unique marinade today," he says.
It starts with chicken thighs. Thighs are at bargain prices.
"It's a great family value," he says.
1. Pour 3 cups of pomegranate juice into a two gallon Ziploc resealable bag
2. Pour 1 cup of soy sauce to the bag
3. Add a splash of Shrachi sauce for heat
4. Add 3 Tbsp of olive oil
5. Add 1/2 squeeze of a lime
6. Remove skin from chicken thighs
7. Place in bag and mix well
8. Place in refrigerator for six hours
9. Place thighs on the grill bone side down
"We're also going to make a nice grilled peach with Bourbon sauce," says Chef Scott.
1. Split the peach in half
2. Coat with Chef's butter (50/50 mix of margarine and butter)
3. Add Bourbon to honey
4. Place on grill (skin side up)
5. Pour Bourbon and honey mix atop thighs (HAZARD: Be aware there will be tall flames on the grill)
6. Grill until finished
Serve about three thighs per person and everyone is satisfied!
Pomegranate marinated chicken thighs with Honey Bourbon peach.