Wood-burning stove blamed for fire near Walcott

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Two people were inside a home when fire was sparked by a wood-burning stove.

The fire was reported at about 5:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 1, 2014 at a home in the 21000 block of 50th Avenue, just west of Walcott and the I-80 Truck Stop.

Walcott and Blue Grass emergency crews put out the fire in about an hour.

Crews say a wood-burning stove caused the fire Tuesday morning.

Two people, who were in the home at the time of the fire, were able to safely escape.

Firefighters said there could be as much as $1,000 worth of damage to the interior of the home.

No injuries were reported.