President Trump impeachment hearing

Woman in Hospital After Senior Center Fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

A Moline woman is in the hospital after a fire broke out at her senior center.

It happened in 2400 block of 1st Street at the Forsberg Village around 6:15 Monday morning. One of the homes inside suffered severe damage.

The fire happened in a woman's kitchen. Smoke was still showing from the home 45 minutes after the fire started. The resident has three cats. All three of them were rescued by Moline Fire Fighters.

"We are doing the best we can to cope with this situation as we see it," senior center resident Edwin Day said. "When the firemen tell us to do certain things, we did them right away."

The room where the fire started does not look to be livable. That woman was the only one hospitalized. No word on her status. Crews have not said how much it will cost to repair the room.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.