Grease fire gets out of control at Coal Valley home

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

What started as a grease fire in a pan quickly turned into a much larger blaze at a house in Coal Valley, Illinois.

The fire was reported just after 1 p.m. Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 508 East 9th Avenue Court.

Initial reports indicated it started as a grease fire in a pan on the stove.  When firefighters arrived, the home was full of smoke and fire had spread to the kitchen.

The fire was under control in about 15 minutes.

No injuries were reported.