Police: Missing teen Sarah Dunsey ‘was not kidnapped’ in Las Vegas

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Sarah Dunsey. Images courtesy family.

Sarah Dunsey. Images courtesy family.

LAS VEGAS – Authorities are now saying the Utah teen reported kidnapped in Las Vegas may not have been kidnapped at all, according to DailyMail.com.

17-year-old Sarah Dunsey disappeared Jan. 15 while at the MGM in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Last week, Dunsey’s mother offered up a heart-wrenching plea to the world to help find her daughter.

In a video posted to YouTube, the family claimed Sarah was a victim of sex trafficking and she was being held against her will.

DailyMail.com is reporting Las Vegas authorities said Dunsey “was not kidnapped.”

The online newspaper also says Las Vegas Police told them there’s “no evidence any sex trafficking crime occurred.”

The Logan Police Department tells Fox 13 Dunsey was not kidnapped in Logan, Utah, and the teen went to Las Vegas voluntarily.

Missing teen Sarah Dunsey. Images courtesy St. George News.

Missing teen Sarah Dunsey. Images courtesy St. George News.

Logan officers say they cannot confirm what happened to Dunsey after she arrived in Nevada.

Las Vegas Police tell Fox 13 the FBI has since taken the lead on the investigation and could not confirm any information about the alleged kidnapping.

The FBI has not responded to any of Fox 13’s requests for information on the case.