Check here for school and business closings

Dozens of residents displaced after Kewanee apartment fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

KEWANEE, Illinois - Crews responded to an apartment fire Tuesday, February 21st, 2017.

Apartment that caught fire in Kewanee, WQAD photo

Apartment that caught fire in Kewanee, WQAD photo

The fire started around 11 p.m. Tuesday at the Prairie Green Apartments, in the 1800 block of Lake Street near the Illinois Youth Center.

Fire Chief Kevin Shook said 60 people were displaced; initial reports indicated that 15 people were impacted by the fire.

A WQAD News 8 viewer sent us video of the scene. Witnesses say no one was hurt. Police have not released any information about how the fire started.