Exhaust fan starts fire at Porkies Restaurant in Silvis

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SILVIS, Illinois -- A fire broke out at Porkies Restaurant early Monday morning, February 13, 2017.

Witnesses said the fire started around 5 a.m. and that by 6:50 a.m. there were no more emergency crews on scene.

The owner said the fire was caused by an exhaust fan. He said there has been some water damage, and most of the damage was done to the top of the building.

No word on any damage estimates.