BETTENDORF --The Rock Island Arsenal Chapter of AUSA (Association of the United States Army) provided $10,000 worth of community donations to nine local organizations on at a Giving Tuesday ceremony on Nov. 29 at the R.I.A. Federal Credit Union offices in Bettendorf.
Donations went to organizations that improve the lives of servicemen and women, and veterans, in the Quad Cities area. Many of the beneficiaries of these organizations include the homeless, the disabled, the hungry, the wounded and the proud men and women who have served in the military.
The following received donations:
- Adonai Community Support Services
- Department of Veteran Affairs – Quad City Vet Center
- Disabled American Veterans
- Honor Flight of the Quad Cities
- Humility of Mary – VALOR Program
- Jason’s Box
- Operation Honor Guard
- Rock Island Arsenal Chapter – SGT Audi Murphy Club
- Rock Island County Veterans Assistance Commission