- 2 large sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cups Half&Half
- 1 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prick the sweet potatoes all over with a fork, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Put them in a roasting pan and roast for 45 minutes until they are very soft. Remove the pan from the oven.
- In a small sauce pot, over low heat, heat the cream then keep warm until ready to puree potatoes.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, scoop the flesh into the bowl of a food processor. Season with salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and honey b Add cream and 1 tablespoon of butter and puree until super smooth
- Scoop a portion of the sweet potatoes into the cavity of a puff pastry shell baked according to package instructions. For fun, top with pecans or raisins or marshmallow or anything you’d like…although the truly need no additional topping.