What drivers need to know about the closure of Forest Grove Drive in Bettendorf
BETTENDORF, Iowa — For the rest of the year, part of Forest Grove Drive will be closed to through-traffic for construction.
The work is part of Phase II of the Forest Grove Drive reconstruction project, and begins Thursday, October 13, 2016.
If you drive this way, here’s what you’ll need to know:
- The road will be closed just east of Devils Glen Road
- Drivers will be detoured south onto Middle Road to either Hopewell Avenue or 53rd Avenue
- Local traffic between Devils Glen Road and International Drive will be given temporary access
- Access to the Beaver Crossing subdivision will be restricted to the use of Friendship Path with International Drive closed at the intersection
- Work is expected to last into 2017
Information provided by the Bettendorf Public Works Department