Flank Steak and Blue Cheese Pinwheels can be a great appetizer or the perfect tailgate treat. Your guests will think you spent a lot of time on it, but you actually didn't.
o 1 flank steak (about 2 pounds), butterflied along the grain
o 1 Tbsp canola oil
o 2 ½ Tbsp balsamic vinegar
o 1 clove garlic
o 1 cup baby spinach
o 8 chives
o 3 Tbsp Shullsburg Blue cheese
o ¼ cup Shullsburg shredded Parmesan cheese
o 8 wooden skewers
1. SEASON outside of flank steak with oil, salt, and pepper.
2. OPEN and SPREAD the flank steak out so that grain is running left to right.
3. BEGIN layering the flank steak with vinegar, black pepper, garlic, spinach, scallions, and cheeses.
4. ROLL the steak away from you (along the grain).
5. INSERT skewers every 1 to 2 inches along the seam, holding the steak together.
6. CUT between the skewers so there is about ½ inch of meat on each side of the skewer.
7. GRILL pinwheels on each side for 3 to 4 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 145F.