Roads to avoid during the QC Marathon and where to watch
The main traffic impacts will be Sunday, September 25, 2016 when the QC Marathon, Half Marathon, Marathon Relay, and 5k are going on.
The day of racing begins at 7:30 a.m. and the Start/Finish line is at 1201 River Drive in Moline. Here are the main road closures:
- Iowa-bound I-74 Bridge will be down to one lane from 7 a.m. – 8 a.m.
- River Drive on & off ramps will be closed from 7 a.m. – 8 a.m.
- Bettendorf State Street exit ramp will be closed from 7 a.m. – 8 a.m.
- Public access into the Rock Island Arsenal will be cut off at 7:30 a.m. at all bridge crossings
- Government Bridge shuts down at 7 a.m.
- The Centennial Bridge will stay open during the Marathon
The race routes spread into all four of the Quad Cities, so to see in-town road closures, click here. There will be plenty of parking available at the iWireless Center in Moline.
Where to watch:
- Start/Finish line, Moline, IL
- Foot of the I-74 Bridge in Bettendorf, IA
- The Isle, Bettendorf, IA
- Government Bridge, Davenport, IA
- Lyndsay Park, Davenport, IA
- District of Rock Island
- Moline Bridge
More events will kick off race weekend Saturday. The Pump N Run starts at 9 a.m., QC Health & Fitness Expo is at 10 a.m., Walk For the Cause is at 11 a.m., Prostate Cancer Survivor Session is at noon, and the Happy Joe’s Kids’ Micromarathon is at 1:30 p.m. Click here to see the full Schedule of Events.