o 4 zucchini
o 3 sausage links (pork, chicken, or turkey)
o 1 red bell pepper
o 1 onion
o 1 jar marinara sauce
o ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
o ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. SLICE zucchini in half, lengthwise, and SCOOP out the flesh, leaving about ½ inch on the skin.
2. BRUSH bell pepper and onion quarters with oil.
3. GRILL sausage, zucchini, bell pepper and onion over medium heat for approximately 15 minutes, or until sausage reaches 165F and vegetables are lightly charred.
4. DICE pepper and onions and SLICE sausage into strips.
5. PLACE zucchini, cut side up, on a disposable baking dish or two sheets of aluminum foil.
6. LAYER with sausage, vegetables, marinara sauce and cheese.
7. RETURN zucchini boats to the grill and GRILL, covered, for 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition information per serving: 222 calories; 14 g fat; 26 mg cholesterol; 539 mg sodium; 14 g carbohydrate; 2 g fiber; 8 g protein