Jason Fechner leaving News 8

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

After nine years at WQAD, Jason Fechner is moving on to his next adventure.

Jason joined News 8 as a weekend anchor in 2006. Since then he moved his way up to anchoring the 6:30 p.m. newscasts and, eventually, all of our evening newscasts.

“Jason has left some big shoes to fill,” said WQAD News Director Alan Baker. “He has been a great friend to many, and he has helped countless local organizations as well.”

Jason has tirelessly supported local non-profit agencies, including Gilda’s Club and the Salvation Army.

“I’ve ended up staying nine years because I’ve loved the Quad Cities so much,” Jason said. “My co-workers and people around this community have become dear friends for life.”

Jason accepted a position at ABC-affiliated WRTV in Indianapolis. The location lets him stay close to family in Chicago, and to close friends in the Quad Cities as well.

“Genuine thanks to everyone at WQAD who has helped to make this happen, especially our News Director, Alan Baker. News 8 is a very special place with very special people who work tirelessly for this wonderful community,” Jason said.

Jason Fechner’s last day on WQAD will be May 8, 2015.