It's easy to make your meals healthier.
"Vegetarian dishes are really popular these days," says Chef Brad Scott, director of the Scott Community College's Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management Center.
"We're going to make a Cheese Tortellini Chowder, but we're going to get rid of the whole milk."
"I've used almond milk in place of it and you're going to love it."
"I'm also adding cheese to it, so it isn't a vegan dish."
Get rid of the cheese and it's great for Vegans. Add ham to it and it is great for meat lovers.
But here's the recipe:
1. Add 3 cups of almond milk to a pot
2. Bring it to a "lazy bubble", not a full boil
3. Rough chop 1/2 cup of spinach per person and add to pot
4. Broadcast 1 tbsp flour to help tighten the mixture
5. Mix together
6. Add 1/4 cup per person frozen corn
7. Add 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
8. Cube 1/4 cup per person of pre-cooked red or Baby Yukon Gold potatoes
9. Stir together
10. Add frozen, blanched tortellini
11. Stir together
12. Cook on low heat for 30-minutes
13. Top with shredded cheddar cheese
14. Serve with crunchy bread
"It's a vegetarian delight: Cheese Tortellini, Spinach in Almond milk. Enjoy."