Apartments evacuated when Black Hawk College students become sick

Emergency responders evacuated residents after several young women became ill at the Villas student housing at Black Hawk College.

Police, firefighters and emergency medical responders were sent to the apartment complex in the 6600 block of 34th Avenue after four girls were reportedly coughing and vomiting there just after 10 p.m. Monday, September 1, 2014.

One of the ill students was taken to a local hospital.

Crews initially feared the building might have had a carbon monoxide issue, but nothing showed up on their monitors.

Residents were allowed to return to the building after about a half-hour.

 

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 867 other followers