It's time to use unusual ingredients and an unusual cooking method to take your usual chicken dinner to a higher level.
"Chicken thighs are really inexpensive," says Chef Brad Scott, director of Scott Community College's Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management center.
"But I'm going to show you how to make a really unique dish utilizing a muffin tin and Cap'n Crunch."
Let's get started:
1. Take two bone-in chicken thighs skin side down
2. Use a knife, cutting at a 45-degree angle, to remove the bone
3. Soak the thighs in a bowl with one cup of milk
4. In separate bowl, mix two serving measurement of stuffing
5. Add salt and pepper
6. Add paprika
7. Take stuffing and push tightly into muffin tin
8. In a plastic bag, crush 1 cup of Cap'n Crunch cereal
9. Dredge the soaked chicken thighs in the Cap'n Crunch, coating both sides
10. Tuck the chicken thighs into muffin tin
11. Place in a 350-degree oven for 20-minutes
12. To serve, remove stuffing first, placing the chicken thigh on top
13. Serve with corn-on-the-cob or any seasonal vegetable
The chicken comes out moist
"I know it's a crazy way to make this but you've gotta try this," says Chef Scott.
"Cap'n Crunch dredged chicken thighs in a muffin tin. Enjoy!"