Follow the Good Morning Quad Cities 2018 Road Trip here

Henry County competitor is Grand Champion at Illinois State Fair Junior Barrow Show

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

A 17-year-old from Cambridge had his crossbred barrow declared Grand Champion of the Junior Barrow Show at the 2014 Illinois State Fair.

James Dobbels, son of Chris and Jenny Dobbels, has shown pigs for several years.  James is a member of the Loraine 4-H Cruisers 4-H club in Henry County, Illinois.

James was to receive 80 percent of the sales price for his barrow, which would be auctioned at the fair's Sale of Champions.  The 4-H and FFA programs split the remaining 20 percent.

"I never expected to win.  This has been a lifetime goal for me, and I just hope that one day my kids will show just like I do," James said.