Chefs are always looking for new tastes that can change the presentation of any meal. At the same time, you can enjoy an alternative to beef and pork.
“I’ve got a really super dish today that I’ll show how to make that takes a few minutes. And it’s wonderful.”
“I’ve got some lavender right out of the garden (it’s also available in many grocery stores).”
“I’m going to add this to 3 tablespoons of water and I’m going to get this steeping just like a tea bag.”
1. Crush a bulb of garlic and add it to the steeping lavender
2. Allow this to boil then add 3 oz of brandy
3. Add 1.4 cup honey
4. Reduce heat to low heal
5. Add olive oil to a separate bowl
6. Add three shrimp (16 to 20 count size)
7. Add scallops (U 10 size)
8. Fully coat both in the olive oil
9. Butterfly cut the shrimp, flattening them for grilling
10. Add garlic
11. Add salt and pepper
12. Mix together
13. Sear the scallops in a hot frying pan
14. Lay the shrimp on a grill or a char-broiler for a minute or two each side until white
15. On a plate, add three 1/4 cup dollops of tabouli
“Tabouli is just a wheat grain that I’ve infused some tomatoes and some spices,” says Chef Scott.
“It’s a wonderful alternative to pasta or potatoes.”
16. Put a scallop atop each dollop of tabouli
17. Put a shrimp atop each scallop
18. Finish each with 1 tbsp of lavender honey
“You’ve got an elegant meal”, says the Chef.
“Who needs Steak?”
You can find all of Chef Scott’s recipes that air on “News 8 at 11” by clicking here.