University of Iowa grads making a living in the state showcased at State Fair
Life-sized photos of recent University of Iowa graduates will be displayed at the State Fair.
A spokesperson from the university said during the Iowa State Fair from August 7-17, photos of graduates living and working in Iowa will be showcased.
The photos were taken by photographer Bill Adams and they are part of the “University for IOWA” campaign.
The alumni to be featured are:
- Muscatine native Jordan Brauns. The 2013 graduate has a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in finance and management. He is a financial and tax consultant for the Iowa Farm Business Association in Nichols, Iowa.
- North Liberty native Kimberly Frees. The 2014 graduate has a Doctor of Nursing Practice Pediatrics degree. She is a pediatric nurse practitioner with the Pediatrics UnityPoint Clinic in Hiawatha.
- Stockton, Illinois native Rachel Hahn. The 2011 graduate has a Bachelor of Science in chemical and biochemical engineering. She is a maintenance and reliability training coordinator for General Mills in Cedar Rapids.
- Holstein, Iowa native Abbie Otto. She has two UI degrees: a Bachelor of Arts in Health and Sport Studies in 2008 and a Doctorate of Dental Surgery degree this year. She and her husband purchased an existing dental practice from retiring dentist Dr. Myron Murphy in Holstein.
- Chariton, Iowa native Andrew Quillin. The 2013 graduate has a Bachelor of Science degree in Recreation and Sports Business. He is stadium operations manager with the Iowa Cubs in Des Moines.
- Humboldt native Michelle Terwilliger. She is a 2014 graduate with a Doctor of Pharmacy degree. She is a pharmacy manager with Thrifty White Pharmacy in Webster City, Iowa.
- Des Moines native Zachary Veigulis. He earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Health and Human Physiology in 2014. He works as a health information specialist in the Veterans Administration Central Iowa Health Care System in Des Moines.
There will be more than 200 alumni, faculty, staff, students, and I-Club members volunteering at the University of Iowa’s booth during the fair. They will be giving away Hawkeye football posters, schedule cards and temporary Tiger Hawk tattoos.
Herky and the Iowa Spirit Squad will be there from 5 – 9 p.m. Thursday – Saturday, August 7-9 and Friday and Saturday, August 15 and 16 to greet fans.