3 people hurt in Davenport four-plex fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Davenport four-plex damaged by fire 7-18-14 (WQAD Photo)

Two adults and one child were treated at a local hospital for smoke inhalation they suffered when fire broke out in the building where they live.

Firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the fire, which was reported at a four-plex in the 300 block of Betsy Ross just before 5:30 a.m. Friday, July 18, 2014.

The fire started in the northeast corner of the dining room and was confined to an apartment on the building’s first floor, but smoke damaged all four apartments.

Firefighters rescued one adult from a second-floor apartment.  That person refused medical treatment at the scene of the fire.

Three people were treated at a local hospital for smoke inhalation.  They were later released.

The building was not habitable, but was repairable, according to Davenport Fire Marshal Mike Hayman.