A Moline man died when he was electrocuted as he tried to save his home from rising water during recent storms.
Michael Henderson, 64, was reportedly changing a sump pump in the basement of a home in the 2200 block of 15th Street Monday, June 30, 2014. Storms that day brought record rainfall to the Quad Cities area.
A preliminary autopsy report issued Wednesday, July 2, said Henderson died of suspected electrocution.
State police, city police and the Rock Island County Coroner had not yet finalized their investigations.