Police: Muscatine shooting was murder

One Muscatine man is dead and another is in custody accused of first-degree murder.

Muscatine County Attorney Alan R. Ostergren said that police were called to the scene of an altercation in the 2000 block of Lincoln Boulevard where they found 23-year-old Troy Anthony Ott had been shot multiple times on Sunday, June 29, 2014 before 4 p.m.

Ott was taken to an area hospital where he was later pronounced dead.

Police arrested 23-year-old Jordan Daufeldt for murder in the first degree, Ostergren said.

Daufeldt was held without bond in the Muscatine County Jail.  He was scheduled to appear in court Monday morning, June 30.