Simplicity is the watchword in many kitchens and that suits Chef Brad Scott just fine.
“Two of my favorite things: one pan cooking and low cost meals,” says Chef Scott, the head of Scott Community College’s Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management Center in Bettendorf.
“I have some left over steak and some fresh peppers. Let’s get started.”
1. Add 3 tbsp of Chef’s butter (a 50/50 combination of butter and margarine) to a hot skillet
2. Add 3 oz of steak
3. Add 3/4 cup of mushrooms
4. Add 1 cup assorted peppers
5. Add 1 tsp garlic
6. Add 1 tsp salt
7. Add 1 tsp pepper
8. Stir together
9. Add fried vegetables
10. Cook 3 to 4 minutes to soften the mushrooms
11. Add 2 tbsp of flour to a mixing bowl
12. Add 2 cups of beef stock, whip together
13. Add the beef stock to the skillet and simmer for 5 minutes
“Mushrooms, beef, peppers all in one pan,” says Chef Scott.
“One pot cooking. I love it. Enjoy.”
CLICK HERE to see all of Chef Scott’s recipes.