Something is a little fishy in the kitchens of Scott Community College.
"You know, people go out to fish fries on Fridays," says Chef Brad Scott, the head of Scott Community College's Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management Center.
"Let's do an upscale dish today with crab sticks and flounder and some stuffing.
It's very simple but very good."
1. Start with two 2 ounce filets of flounder, cutting one lengthwise to be used as top piece
2. In a bowl, add 1 cup of dried stuffing mix
3. Add 1 tsp garlic
4. Add 1 tsp salt and fresh black pepper
5. Add shredded crab stick
6. Fold in and add some Chef's butter (a 50/50 mixture of butter and margarine) to bind together
7. Take 1 cup of stuffing mixture and spread on the uncut slice of flounder
8. Place sliced flounder on top
9. Add 1 cup bread crumbs in a separate bowl
10. Add Chef's butter to bind together
11. Spread the crumbs on the top flounder
12. Place on a sprayed cake sheet pan
13. Cook at 350-degrees for about 15-minutes until golden brown
"Add some green peas, a little lemon, and you've got something better than a fish fry," says Chef Scott.