Worker shocked and small fire ignites when power line struck

A utility worker suffered electrical shock when the lift he was in came in contact with a power line in Moline.

It happened at about 1 p.m. Wednesday, May 21, 2014 near the intersection of 48th Street and 49th Avenue west of Green Valley Sports Complex.

One man was in an aerial lift when the basket he was in contacted an overhead power line, sparking a small fire.

Some houses near the intersection lost power.  The MidAmerican Energy website showed about 30 customers were without electricity in Moline after the incident.

The worker was taken by ambulance to an area hospital for treatment of electrical shock.  His injuries were believed to be non-life-threatening.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 853 other followers