Stovetop fire causes residents to evacuate Davenport apartment

Davenport apartment complex, 4-27-14,  WQAD Photo

Davenport apartment complex, 4-27-14, WQAD Photo

Davenport apartment complex, 4-27-14,  WQAD Photo

Davenport apartment complex, 4-27-14, WQAD Photo

An accidental stovetop fire caused the evacuation of a 12-until apartment complex in Davenport.

Crews were called to the fire in the 3400 block of East Kimberly Road shortly before 7 p.m. Sunday, April 27. Several people had reported seeing heavy smoke in the building.

When crews arrived they found a kitchen fire in one of the first floor apartments. The fire had started on a stovetop and spread to the cabinets. They had the fire extinguished in about ten minutes.

Damage was confined to just the apartment it started in, but firefighters evacuated all residents and removed the smoke from the building.

One family was displaced, but everyone else was able to return home.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 948 other followers