Possible electrical malfunction pushes smoke into part of N. Scott High School

Those fire drills, that students and teachers practice over and over, helped keep things under control when smoke pumped into part of North Scott High School in Eldridge, Iowa.

Firefighters were called to investigate smoke in and near the jazz band room at the school, at 200 S. First Street, just before 10:30 a.m. Thursday, April 17, 2014.

Preliminary investigation indicated a possible electrical problem with a blower motor could have started the incident.

No flames were visible.

Some haze remained in the building about an hour after firefighters arrived.

Principal Shane Knoche praised the reaction of staff and students, saying the incident demonstrates why schools do fire drills.

No one was injured and no damages were reported.  The incident remained confined to the area around the school’s jazz band room.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 926 other followers