Walcott baby and mother hospitalized for burns from hot liquid

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
police lights generic

A three-year-old accidentally spilled hot liquid that burned the child’s mother and a five-month-old baby.

Emergency workers were called to the family’s apartment in the 400 block of West James Street just after 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, March 5, 2014.

The baby was airlifted to the University of Iowa hospital for treatment of burns.    The mother was taken by ambulance to Genesis East in Davenport and later she, too, was taken to the University of Iowa hospital for treatment of her burns.

A statement from Walcott Police called the incident an accident, and said no charges would be filed.