Wood-burning stove blamed for Davenport house fire

76th Street fire in Davenport 3-3-14 (WQAD photo)

76th Street fire in Davenport 3-3-14 (WQAD photo)

A firefighter suffered a broken finger fighting fire at a home in northwestern Davenport.

The fire was reported just after 11 p.m. Sunday, March 2, 2014 at a home in the 7600 block of West 76th Street.

A spokesperson for the City of Davenport said two people were at home at the time of the fire.  Those people escaped unharmed, and were out of the house when firefighters arrived.

Damage to the home was described as “extensive” but “probably repairable.”

“Investigators have ruled the fire accidental.  It was caused by a wood-burning stove,” the city spokesperson said.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 944 other followers